[Tech] Solution to churn problem and possibly to the Pitch Black attack

Pierre Abbat phma at phma.optus.nu
Tue May 24 15:18:50 BST 2011

On Tuesday 24 May 2011 08:56:07 Matthew Toseland wrote:
> You should simulate this. There are a few simulators but you might have to
> write your own.
>
> The main difficulty I see is that greedy routing only works if most of our
> connections are close and a few are distant. If they are all distant, a
> request will get to roughly where it should be quickly but will not be able
> to get to a specific location in a reasonable number of hops.

To run a simulator, do I need to know Java? I have two computers, one a
years-old Ubuntu installation that I haven't had time to upgrade, and one a
recent DragonFly box that I've had trouble installing Java on. The Ubuntu
box's Java interpreter reports the following:

java version "1.5.0"
gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.2.1 (Ubuntu 4.2.1-5ubuntu5)

It's good enough to run camxes, but I don't know about running Freenet.

Also I have lots of work to do including three jobs and designing my house. I
may not be able to get around to running the simulator until September at
least.

Pierre
--
Don't buy a French car in Holland. It may be a citroen.