[freenet-dev] Freenet 0.7.5 build 1422

Matthew Toseland toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Tue Oct 30 20:14:33 GMT 2012

Freenet 0.7.5 build 1422 is now available! PLEASE let me know if there is any problem with the auto-update to this build, as it is using the new updating system introduced in 1421. The main change in 1422 is that we now use ECDH instead of Diffie-Hellman for connection setup, for significantly better security. This uses the Bouncycastle crypto library introduced by 1421, and the node will not run correctly the file (bcprov-jdk15on-147.jar) isn't present, but the new updater should have already downloaded it.

Thanks to nextgens for doing much of the work that went into this build.

Thanks for using Freenet!